Kibbutz Be'eri (Beeri) in the Negev desert a part of the "Eshkol Regional Council" was founded in 1946 as part of a special operation settling 11 new Points (Kibbutzim) at the same day in the Negev.
The founders, a group of 100 men and women aged 18-20, chose to settle in the north-west Negev desert. After spending some two years at the original settlement location, which was isolated and distant from other existing Jewish settlements, the group moved eastwards to the site where the Kibbutz is located today.
During its first few years, the Kibbutz made a living by sending its members out to work at the Dead Sea Works, planting forests and roads. At home, they developed agricultural enterprises including, a dairy farm, orchards and field crops. Be'eri Printers was established in 1950. Today it has 300 employees, most of whom are Kibbutz members.
Kibbutz Be'eri has grown into a large community, providing housing, education, health-care and municipal services for 1,000 residents.
Kibbutz Be'eri official site