Kibbutz Kefar Aza (Kefar Azza) in the "Sha'ar Hanegev Regional Council" was founded in 1951 under the name Yegev. In 1953 it was renamed to Kefar Aza. It's located on the Saad road, between the city of Sderot and the city of Netivot, about 4 miles (6 Km.) from Gaza.
Until mid 1970's the kibbutz economy was based only on agriculture and today there is a factory and other private business initiatives in various fields.
More then 700 people live in the kibbutz about 300 of them are members & about 300 are children under 18 years old.